Want to get rid of traditional form of advertising? Have difficulties in selecting the right tool to advertise your products and services? Want to change your advertising strategies to suit the latest trends in business? If your answer is yes, then you are one of those having trouble choosing the right advertising medium to market their products.
Some companies and business owners are constantly looking for innovative and new ways to bring more sales. One way of attracting sales is through advertisement, marketing and building customer base.
Advertising is important to companies because it attracts new and potential customers and encourages consumers to spend more. It builds business identity, enhances firm’s reputation and maintains brand’s credibility. Entrepreneurs and business enterprises use advertising to promote their products and services. It also reminds customers of the variety of products and services that they offer. Because of its importance in the survival of the business, it therefore mandatory for firms to make their advertisement unique and stand out. Once advertisements fail to attract or grab the attention of consumers, chances are, no purchases are made. As the saying goes, “If you don’t build, they won’t come. If you don’t advertise, they may not find you.”
Like technology, advertising also evolves along with time and trend. From traditional advertising, which uses radio, television, newspapers, magazines, journals, it shifted to the use of technology like the Internet, computers and cellular phones.
Advantages of Advertising:
- Provides product information.
- Builds and reinforces brand
- Clears misconceptions about the product
- Increased Sales
- Alters attitudes of consumers
- Improves the product
From traditional advertisement, companies shifted to the use of technological innovation, including electronic displays, Internet advertising, plasma screens, projectors, and many more.
Factors to consider when advertising:
* Customers. Evaluate and determine your target clients. Aim your advertisement to your niche market. The common mistake committed by companies is creating nonspecific advertising campaigns that fail to capture the interest of prospective customers
* Competitive advantage. Never forget to highlight and to point out positive points that your product offers.
* Product Image. You should build your image to differentiate yourself from other products in the market.
* Costs. Always remember that for companies to create an image and to attract potential clients effectively, they should spend money on advertisement.
* Advertising medium. You should select the right medium on where to advertise your products or services. Advertise on the medium preferred by potential customers, such as the Internet, television, digital signage, newspapers and many more.
* Advertising Formula. Never forget to structure your advertisement according to the AIDA formula, Attention, Interest, Desire and Action.
* Guarantee. You should offer clients guarantee on products and services.
* Approach. Use friendly approach to customers and buyers. Never show any resentment or any form of disappointment.
No matter what tools or mediums you choose in advertising, never forget to write and to present your product conversationally. In presenting your advertisement, you should use present tense because it keeps your words fresh, alive and immediate. Use powerful words and catchy headline to attract customers and to keep them reading the advertisement.